Saturday, February 11, 2012

First Blog

Although I am new to this blogging business (late to the party, as usual), I have plenty of ideas and opinions, so I think I'll be able to catch up in no time at all.

Two loves in my life --yoga and films--are reflected in my username. But I couldn't leave out my faithful canine companions, so they give this blog its name.  No one does upward facing dog better than a long-legged lurcher or sighthound.

Facing upward is also a useful metaphor for my life right now: I am trying to detach from the inevitable distractions and concentrate on what my yoga teacher calls "the goal."  Self realization.

Of course, the job, the election, the "awards season" in Hollywood, and all sorts of ridiculous things get in my way on a daily basis. And I'll probably be writing about those things here too!

Thanks for reading.  More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment